CRYSIS 3: OPEN BETA HAS ENDED
Crysis 3 is out February 22nd on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3
The Crysis 3 Beta has ended.
The beta is designed to give you a taste of the full Crysis 3 multiplayer experience, and help the development team collect your valuable feedback.
In the Crysis 3 Beta, you’ll be able to suit up, team up with your friends, level up to rank 10, and customize your Nanosuit with different weapons, attachments and suit modules.
There are two playable Beta Multiplayer Modes featured in the Beta:
This multiplayer game mode is all about survival of the fittest. There are two teams, initially comprised of two permanently cloaked “Hunters”, and up to fourteen CELL troopers awaiting extraction. Each trooper slain respawns on the Hunter team to prey on their former allies, building to a frenetic climax. If any of the troopers survive the round, the hunters lose. Whichever way you play, Hunter Mode delivers a heart-pounding test of strategy and survival.
Crash Site Mode:
This multiplayer game mode is the ultimate King of the Hill type experience. An Alien dropship deploys a pod at random around the map. Players on each team must remain near the dropped pod in order to capture the zone and accumulate points. Each alien pod holds two shields players can utilize defensively as weapons. In addition, each Crash Site map will have a “Pinger”, a CEPH-constructed walking weapon of mass destruction. But be careful, other players can hijack the Pinger while you’re inside of it!
Museum - Roam the dark Ruins of Musem in downtown Manhattan and use the verticality to your advantage.
Airport - Close to the financial district, nature has taken over buildings and planes in this open fields area.
*CRYSIS 3 BETA TRIAL STARTS JANUARY 29, 2013 AND ENDS FEBRUARY 12, 2013. SEE WWW.ORIGIN.COM FOR UPDATES. VALID WHEREVER PRODUCT IS SOLD IN THE UNITED STATES. YOU MUST BE 18+ TO PARTICIPATE IN THE BETA TRIAL. BETA TRIAL PARTICIPATION REQUIRES AN ORIGIN ACCOUNT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THE BETA AGREEMENT. OFFER MAY NOT BE SUBSTITUTED, EXCHANGED, SOLD OR REDEEMED FOR CASH OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES. MAY NOT BE COMBINED WITH ANY OTHER OFFER, GIFT CARD, REBATE OR DISCOUNT COUPON. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, TAXED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
New York Feed
The New York Feed is a new feature to Crysis 3 that allows you to select challenges that award you XP for completion. These are generated by your own performance, by your friends’ progress, and by the game when you are in squads game lobbies. They range from the simple, such as “get ’X’ kills in a match,” to feats of daring like “kill a Pinger with a rip and throw pole.” There are huge numbers of these and you can have up to four active at a time if you meet the requirements. When you beat a challenge it can generate challenges to your friends to try to best your accomplishment. It also gets published to the New York Feed for all your friends to see.
- What platforms is the Open Beta available on?
The Open Beta is on PC, Xbox 360 and PS3.
- How long is the Open Beta available for?
The Open Beta will be live and available from January 29 – February 12.
- What languages will the Open Beta be available in?
The Open Beta is only available in English.
- What are the minimum PC system requirements?
Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
DirectX 11 graphics card with 1GB video RAM
Dual core CPU
2GB memory (3GB on Vista)
Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
DirectX11 graphics card with 1GB video RAM
Quad core CPU
- What if my video card does not support Direct X 11?
You must have a DX11 supported video card in order to participate in the Open Beta.
- What is the purpose of the Open Beta?
The Open Beta will give you a chance to play Crysis 3 multiplayer pre-release. Although it will not be final code, it will give you a good sense of the gameplay, design and feel for the final game for when it arrives in February. We will also make final adjustments to the game based on feedback from the Open Beta.
- Where do I go if I have a problem running the game?
The Crysis 3 forum at HYPERLINK "http://mycrysis.com"MyCrysis.com is your first stop. There will be threads for each problem as well as for comments; please post in the correct forums. You may find the answer to your problem already posted by someone else in the community or answered by one of the developers. When posting a new problem, please include as much detailed information as possible in order to help us understand the issue and resolve it.
- Can I post videos or talk about the game outside of the official MyCrysis message boards?
There are no restrictions—feel free to post whatever, wherever you want.
- What are you doing to prevent cheating in the beta?
We’ve been working HARD on anti-cheat for Crysis 3 multiplayer as we understand it is a concern for the community. We’ve developed multiple solutions, and will be testing some of these counter-measures during the Open Beta in order to fine-tune them for the Crysis 3 launch. Player testing and feedback will be essential for us to create the best possible anti-cheat solution, and we’ll be closely monitoring what exploits do occur in order to correct them properly.
- The Open Beta only seems to have two maps and two game modes?
Yes, this Open Beta only includes Hunter and Crash Site game modes on the Museum and Airport maps. This small cross-section of gameplay will give you a feel for what the final game will contain. The main game has ten more maps and six more game modes that are not in the Open Beta.
- Is there single-player content in the Open Beta?
No, the Open Beta is only multiplayer content. The goals of the Open Beta is to serve as a final testing of the game’s backbone and features, and to give fans and the curious out there a chance to play the game before it is released.
To read more about the Crysis 3 Multiplayer Open Beta, register a MyCrysis account at http://mycrysis.com!
PC Download Steps
- You will need an Origin account and the Origin Client in order to download and participate in the Open Beta. If you don’t already have an Origin Account, simply go to the Origin website (http://www.origin.com) and register using the link on the top right.
- Once you have an account download the client from the following website: http://origin.com/download - Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install the client.
- Launch the Origin client and log in to your account.
- You can now select the My Games tab within Origin to see the Open Beta. From here you can download and install the game.
- Click here to download the Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta From Origin!
Xbox Live Download Steps
- From the Xbox Home Menu, go into the “Games” section.
- From the “Games” menu, select the “Games Marketplace” tile.
- From the “Games Marketplace” menu, go into the Demos section, then select “New Releases”.
- Select "Crysis 3" from the Menu.
- Select “Free Download”
- Select “Confirm Download”
You can now play the Crysis 3 Beta from the Games menu on your Xbox 360!
PS3 Download Instructions
- From the XMB (Cross Media Bar) of the PlayStation 3 that’s connected to a network, choose the “Playstation Store” option under the Playstation Network menu.
- From the menu on the left side of the PlayStation Store, scroll up to the top of the screen and select “search”
- Using your controller and the on-screen keyboard, input “Crysis 3”, then press “SEARCH”.
- Select “Crysis 3 Beta” from the search results, and follow the instructions on screen to complete your download!