Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*

Will you download NanoWars?

Yes
83%
No
17%

Total votes : 58

• Author
  • Subject: NanoWars - How to continue playing C2 Multiplayer!

NanoWars is a free, modded version of Crysis 2 multiplayer. However, it seems that the creator took inspiration from Crysis 3 mp (sprinting doesn't drain suit energy, ability to mix suit modules, bow, muzzle brakes etc), which seemed to piss a few people off.

I think this mod came out a few months ago when Crysis 2 mp was still active, and NanoWars' servers were empty since then, yet the game is still in development.

Those who played it and hated it have to understand that this is merely a test version. If we can get people to play this things can be changed, so that NanoWars will be EXACTLY like original Crysis 2 mp (just with new maps).

I saw some petition to resume C2 mp (I think there were few) and it had over 600 signatures, yet not many bothered to download this mod...

So I say check this out and give it a chance. There is yet a lot of work to do with this mod and it's up to the Crysis 2 community to rebuild the multiplayer.

Main features:
    - New weapons
    - New maps (including DLC)
    - Crysis 3 weapon attachments
    - Ability to mix suit modules like in Crysis 3
    - More interaction with the world (opening doors, kicking objects, breaking objects)
    - Ability to make your own ranked match in a matter of seconds with all available options to choose from (health regeneration, HUD, respawn delay and more)

Media:

Modded Lighthouse map (original one is available too) & new Angry Bull shotgun

CS Italy map & AK47

Weapons cache (there are plenty)

Hargreave's crib map

Ship map

Short barehanded fight video -
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fu7BBLP ... e=youtu.be
    (can't get this fuckness to work as a video)

Official website - http://nanowars.wix.com/beta

Tutorial on how to get this running using Tunngle - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loEcPHGGtRA
    (not my video)

NOTE! You must download and extract the main files, then download the pre-alpha patch, extract it, copy contents to the main extracted files and replace with the patch files. I've actually seen people incapable of doing this.

Please cast your vote on the poll above to give others an idea of how many people are interested in this.
    14 Aug 2014, 21:29
  • 18 Aug 2014, 12:16
  • Subject: Re: NanoWars - Play Crysis 2 mp for free!

The best way to get this running is if you download this and get a friend to do the same. You can also use this topic to tell others when you'll be playing.

BTW - Don't use the NanoWars website to see how many players are on the servers cuz it's bugged. Use Tunngle instead.
    28 Aug 2014, 19:21

UPDATE: I'm seeing people on Tunngle much often now. I just returned from a 6 player match. It's a great success!

Quit wondering if it's worthwhile to download this and get playing already. I can guarantee you'll find somebody to play with - just check Tunngle regularly.

That's how rebuilding the multiplayer looks like!
    30 Aug 2014, 13:38

That's good news if more people are playing Nanowars. Sometimes it takes take time to build up a new community of players. Word of mouth goes a long way. Posting here often about upcoming matches and inviting them to join will help notify and inspire people that they can still play Crysis2 Multiplayer through the use of the Nanowars mod.

I wonder what ever happened to Qiplayer. He was the most vocal and passionate about continuing to play Crysis2 and Nanowars, but he seems to have completely disappeared from the scene.
    01 Sep 2014, 13:36

Kostuh_Einz wrote:That's how rebuilding the multiplayer looks like!

I for one would be very happy if nanowars C2 multiplayer could get more people on. I been playing C3 multiplayer for the past month and I still would rather go back to playing C2. I miss C2 a lot, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

One way to get more people interested enough is to have some videos posted of the matches you play. I checked on youtube and there are sadly only a handful of nanowar videos. One of the best ways to convince people to try nanowars is to post some videos of the gameplay. A video is worth a thousand words.

Nanowars needs more exposure and regularly posting some great videos is one of the more effective ways to let people know what nanowars has to offer.
    02 Sep 2014, 04:53

CONNANDEFSPK wrote:
    Kostuh_Einz wrote:That's how rebuilding the multiplayer looks like!

I for one would be very happy if nanowars C2 multiplayer could get more people on. I been playing C3 multiplayer for the past month and I still would rather go back to playing C2. I miss C2 a lot, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

One way to get more people interested enough is to have some videos posted of the matches you play. I checked on youtube and there are sadly only a handful of nanowar videos. One of the best ways to convince people to try nanowars is to post some videos of the gameplay. A video is worth a thousand words.

Nanowars needs more exposure and regularly posting some great videos is one of the more effective ways to let people know what nanowars has to offer.

Thought about that yesterday... unfortunately I'm leaving in a few hours for almost 2 weeks and I won't be able to use my computer. You can post your own stuff if you played it with anybody. You can find people playing mostly around 15-17 GMT 0.
    02 Sep 2014, 07:56

Downloaded game ok. I created my own game but instead of my nickname showing, it has my real name which I assume it got from my PC.
    How to change?
    Also I am getting lots of flickering graphics.
    Mouse sensitivity is way over the top too :(.
    08 Sep 2014, 09:54

xcrimsondawnx wrote:Downloaded game ok. I created my own game but instead of my nickname showing, it has my real name which I assume it got from my PC.
    How to change?

You need to change the name of your PC if you want a custom name in NanoWars, and as far as the flickering, that can be due to GPU drivers or something else. And as for the mouse sensitivity, try editing some numbers in the system.cfg.
    08 Sep 2014, 21:47

Alcatraz_Rajta1 wrote:
    xcrimsondawnx wrote:Downloaded game ok. I created my own game but instead of my nickname showing, it has my real name which I assume it got from my PC.
    How to change?

You need to change the name of your PC if you want a custom name in NanoWars, and as far as the flickering, that can be due to GPU drivers or something else. And as for the mouse sensitivity, try editing some numbers in the system.cfg.

Changed my pc name, it still used my real name :(

havent had the time to try it again :(
    09 Sep 2014, 08:43

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence