Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • 15 Apr 2014, 21:29
  • 15 Apr 2014, 22:11
  • Subject: Re: Crysis and Crysis 2 PC Multiplayer Modes Set to Shut Dow

benetti32 wrote:I see Crysis 3 is abandoned too, absolutely no support...

Crysis 3 has a very low amount of minor bugs, next to none in multiplayer, very solid anti-cheat and a fully working dedicated server infrastructure. It is also the best Crysis multiplayer game, so I personally recommend that you give it a try, especially with how cheap it is nowadays.

win32Xecutioner wrote:Will Community Dedicated Server still work?

Nope. Sadly, those relied on the Gamespy multiplayer infrastructure as well. Crysis and Crysis Wars should work through LAN virtualization though (Tungle, Hamachi).
    18 Apr 2014, 18:12
  • 19 Apr 2014, 13:31

Cry-Tom wrote:Hi all,

There has been a bit of discussion surrounding the ceasing of operations at Gamespy, and we wanted to take the opportunity to clear the air a bit as it were, by providing some informaiton on the whole topic;

As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The conclusion of online multiplayer support comes as a result of GameSpy Technology shutting down all their hosting services. GameSpy have been providing multiplayer functionality for Crysis and Crysis 2 since they launched. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition, and the multiplayer mode in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 versions of Crysis 2 remain playable.

We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another.
    23 Apr 2014, 19:31
  • 12 May 2014, 12:42

Rukumouru wrote:
    benetti32 wrote:I see Crysis 3 is abandoned too, absolutely no support...

Crysis 3 has a very low amount of minor bugs, next to none in multiplayer, very solid anti-cheat and a fully working dedicated server infrastructure. It is also the best Crysis multiplayer game, so I personally recommend that you give it a try, especially with how cheap it is nowadays.

win32Xecutioner wrote:Will Community Dedicated Server still work?

Nope. Sadly, those relied on the Gamespy multiplayer infrastructure as well. Crysis and Crysis Wars should work through LAN virtualization though (Tungle, Hamachi).

Please man do not make me laugh. Crysis 3 has the worst multiplayer I have ever played. No thx.
    12 May 2014, 12:48
  • 13 May 2014, 16:26

HI, for Crysis 1 I made a tut on how to play crysis after GameSpy is completle off its not a big modification but you can connect to servers if you follow the video instructions.

I have posted this around but some of the players are afraid to download stuff. This is not a virus not a malware of any kind .. its just a simple modification.
    Hope this is not the End of crysis 1.

14 May 2014, 19:54
  • 17 May 2014, 11:47

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence