Buy Now Buy Now *mycrysis-interstitial-content*
  • Author
  • 13 Apr 2014, 05:04
  • Subject: Re: Crysis and Crysis 2 PC Multiplayer Modes Set to Shut Dow

Cry-Tom wrote:Hi all,

There has been a bit of discussion surrounding the ceasing of operations at Gamespy, and we wanted to take the opportunity to clear the air a bit as it were, by providing some informaiton on the whole topic;

As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The conclusion of online multiplayer support comes as a result of GameSpy Technology shutting down all their hosting services. GameSpy have been providing multiplayer functionality for Crysis and Crysis 2 since they launched. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition, and the multiplayer mode in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 versions of Crysis 2 remain playable.

We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another.

Why not migrate the servers to a different service like EA is doing with its other titles affected by this change? You can't simply shut it down, Crysis 2 on PC still has a somewhat alive community.
    13 Apr 2014, 12:50
  • 13 Apr 2014, 13:04

Rays364 wrote:Will multiplayer for crysis 2 still continue on ps3?
    Or will that close as well?

From Cry-Marcel on Crydev, yes the console versions are unaffected:

"Hi all,

There has been a bit of discussion surrounding the ceasing of operations at Gamespy, and we wanted to take the opportunity to clear the air a bit as it were, by providing some informaiton on the whole topic;

As of May 31 this year, the multiplayer modes in Crysis and Crysis 2 for PC will no longer be playable. The conclusion of online multiplayer support comes as a result of GameSpy Technology shutting down all their hosting services. GameSpy have been providing multiplayer functionality for Crysis and Crysis 2 since they launched. The single-player campaigns in both games are unaffected by this transition, and the multiplayer mode in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation®3 versions of Crysis 2 remain playable.

We'd like to thank everyone who has taken up arms in Crysis and Crysis 2's multiplayer modes in the last few years, and apologize to the small but dedicated community of PC players who are still actively competing against one another."
    13 Apr 2014, 14:01

Crysis 2 multiplayer on PC is the only MP game I have will to play right now, I've been playing it since day one, still my favorite MP game since the days of Quake 3 Arena. I had preordered C3 Hunter Edition backthen for me and for both of my sons back in March 2013, but didn't liked the multiplayer, especially energy management system.

C2 MP community is maybe small compared to other MP communities but not because of us players, problem is on Crytek & EA side: lack of support and non existent official anti-cheat system. Crysis 2 multiplayer on PC isn't perfect but it's stull a helluva fun game to play! Almost 40 years here on my back, player for more than 30 years and still feeling like a young player just because of Crysis 2 multiplayer I'm playing when I have free time and strenght. If Crysis 2 multiplayer dies I think I'm going to close my old and fat gaming book: probably the end of my both single and multiplayer gaming on PC, forever... :( If that happens EA and Crytek can forget about my wallet for future games on PC for me and for three kids of mine.

I really hope we can do something more about it so that this great multiplayer game don't die so soon. Spread the words about this on social networks and gaming forums, wipe the dust from those Crysis 2 DVD boxes, install game and play multiplayer like we did it before so that Crytek and EA can see C2 multiplayer on PC is still alive. Let's make a petition to give this amazing multiplayer game one more chance, one more breath to live for at least few more years.

Otherwise if C2 MP dies on March 31st many of still faithfull player will be very dissapointed. I really hope it won't happen...
    13 Apr 2014, 21:02
  • 13 Apr 2014, 23:51

EA tries to save their older titles but they don't bother saving my favorite's game multiplayer. Seriously who cares about Battlefield 2142??? They should rather care about Crysis games. Do they really want to lose the small player base that is left? I guess if Crysis Multiplayer is going to die they really want us to abandon that game and play Bugfield 4 or Boringfield 2142.
    14 Apr 2014, 13:57

The MP is not working already since MyCrysis page closed!!! Tons of people cannot login with their account and nobody cared, now the DEVs suddenly just walks in like nothing to tell us MP is down, haha.

I see Crysis 3 is abandoned too, absolutely no support... at least we see how they treat their customers. I guess they are now focusing on the Warface crap, good luck with it, won't ever touch any game from you.
    14 Apr 2014, 19:23
  • 15 Apr 2014, 03:23
  • 15 Apr 2014, 11:58

ESRB Video Game Rating

This title is rated Mature for:

• Blood
  • Partial Nudity
  • Strong Langague
  • Violence